Saturday, May 19, 2007

NFL Jabber 5/19/07

Lovie Smith placed Jamar Williams in the place of Lance Briggs on Friday. Mike Brown also returned.

McNabb wants everyone to know he is more than the Eagles QB...maybe in case he isn't the Eagles QB soon?

"A lot of people might just look at me as the quarterback of the team; they kind of just leave it at that," McNabb said after showing off his novice golf swing for the benefit of TV cameras. "They have to understand, I'm more than just a quarterback. I'm a father, a husband, a caring person that loves kids and is willing to do whatever I can do to help the next man out."

Keyshawn is in no hurry to make a move but calls his visit with the Titans a "good one."

"I am looking at my options just like they are looking at theirs. At the end of the day, it was a good visit with the coaches," Johnson said.

"Now I guess they'll meet as a staff and determine whether or not it's a fit, and I'll work with my people and start working out some things.

"I don't have any timetable (for signing), to be honest with you. I don't have any rush on my part. I'll see what happens, and we'll see how things progress. But it's still early in the game for me."


Meanwhile, Johnson said yesterday that he is interested in a job with the Raiders.

Broncos TE, Tony Scheffler broke his foot running a route in camp.

Daunte Culpepper practiced yesterday but Coach Cameron declines looking to far into it.

"Until a guy is 100 percent, it is not fair to evaluate him," Cameron said. "That's the approach. Keep it simple. When the guy is 100 percent, evaluate him and then go from there."

Curtis Martin has not announced retirement but is suing his insurance co. because he is "totally disabled."

tag:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: