Saturday, June 16, 2007

NFL Jabber 6/16/07


The NFLPA is working overtime this week. They feel the Raiders are "too committed." The Raiders will be punished...they must be dealt with.



"I was notified that the (NFL) Players (Association) believes our total commitment to improving our football team has resulted in some violations of rules regarding practice standards," Lane Kiffin said in a statement released by the club. "The union has complained about the high level of intensity, player aggressiveness and fast pace of our practices and as a result, has taken away the final week of our offseason program."




It's all fun and games until someone gets shot in the nuts. Cheesy I know but I couldn't resist. Redskins rookie D-Back, LaRon Landry could not practice on Friday do to a paintball to the groin. His injury occurred while some of the gang went out to play Wednesday after work.



"I didn't know paintball was that dangerous," linebacker Marcus Washington said. "I hope it wasn't friendly fire."




San Antonio officials are looking to cash in on the Hispanic roots of Tony Romo when he and the boys come down for training camp this summer. They are hoping that people from the place that used to be Mexico will flock from miles around to see a successful Hispanic athlete. I don't usually pay attention to ethnicity but this is news...I would have guessed by the name that he was Italian.

"That's the way I would write the story line if I could," said John Solis, the bureau's executive assistant director of sales and marketing.


"Coming down to a city with 60 percent Hispanic population, (Romo) will have a lot of people surrounding him positively," Solis added. "We are looking forward to being tied to a class act."




Jeff Garcia "felt snubbed" by the Eagles. I think it's time you can quit crying and be happy that a team paid for you to be it's starter. When the Eagles do finally get rid of McNabb, he will be replaced by someone young enough to get away with having a MySpace page (I can say that because I'm only 36).



"I think there was a lot of anger within myself," the 37-year-old Garcia said, describing his feeling when the Eagles waived him goodbye after he led them into the playoffs last season as the very capable fill-in for the injured McNabb. "Here was finally a situation where I felt so comfortable and I felt like I had a good home and a good place, and I wanted to be able to experience more of that and, hopefully, not have to relocate all over again. That opportunity wasn't presented to me."


A few minutes later, Garcia gave a more abbreviated version: "I felt personally snubbed."







Technorati : , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
Ice Rocket : , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Powered by Zoundry

No comments: