Thursday, April 12, 2007

NFL Jabber 4/12/07

Drew Bledsoe hangs up the cleats. Knowing when to say when is a good thing. It's too bad he had to go out riding the bench. Cheers to a career Drew!

"I feel so fortunate, so honored, to have played this game that I love
for so long, with so many great players, and in front of so many
wonderful fans," he said. "I fulfilled a childhood dream the first time
I stepped on an NFL field, and the league did not let me down one time.
I retire with a smile on my face, in good health, and ready to spend
autumns at my kids' games instead of my own. I'm excited to start the
next chapter of my life."


Despite a gimp foot, Ted Ginn Jr. impressed the Rams. Sounds like they may have some of the Devin Hester fever if they look to draft a return guy that high.

JaMarcus Russell made a trip to visit the Skins. I wouldn't look to far into it. Teams often will interview recruits even if they don't intend to take them (or they likely won't fall to them) just to cover all the bases. You just never know who is going to fall though...(Matt Leinhart).

Mike O'Hara at detnews.com is takings tokes off whatever Jon Kitna is smoking. He thinks the Lions can go 10-6 as well.

Jon Kitna is drinking the Calvin Johnson Kool-Aid...could part of the campaign be because that means the Lions don't take a QB?

"Is he still the best player in this draft?" Kitna said Tuesday, smiling. "Yeah, I'm on that bandwagon."

Coach Rod Marinelli laughed at Kitna's comment.

"Him? He's a draft expert," Marinelli said, smiling. "He's got it all."


tag: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: