Saturday, April 14, 2007

NFL Jabber 4/14/07

Al Wilson has been cut loose in Denver. Shame.

"My time is up as a Bronco," the eight-year veteran said. "It's time to move forward and try something else. You have to do what's best for your organization, just like a Fortune 500 company. Sometimes you have to let good employees go."


A sense of humor can go a long way in any field. Ken Whisenhunt cracked me up with a comment after the first practices in AZ.
"I don't know where to stand on the field," Whisenhunt said of the first of two practices Friday. "It's exciting, but it's different."


As practices start for Miami, the time is now for Daunte Culpepper to get a head start on the QB job. He however is not participating in mini-camp since his latest surgery.

Anthony Wright is the newest New York Giant. Wright agreed to a two-year deal.

David Carr has drive again in Charlotte. I really hope this guy gets his chance to show he can play on a different team.
"Honestly in the last five years we haven't had much spark. If we were stuck in the forest it would be hard to light a fire with what we had going on.'' "It's funny, the day I was signed by Carolina, I was throwing balls the next day. I've never done that before,'' Carr said. "I was out there throwing a ball for two or three hours and I couldn't really explain it except I was excited to get a new opportunity and a chance to show what I can do.''


The Texans are looking in their backyard for a backup QB. University of Houston Alum Kevin Kolb will meet with the team before the draft.

Keith Brooking has said before that he isn't a MLB...the Falcons tell him he is.

tag: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: