Monday, April 9, 2007

NFL Jabber 4/9/07

Former Browns offensive threat, Greg Pruitt, has a Jr. that will be working out in Cleveland next weekend.

"I think he's just as good as I was at this point," said the elder Pruitt, 55. "I was 5-9¾ and 175 pounds when I came to the Browns," Pruitt said. "I guess the heaviest I ever played was 192 - before the game. After the game, I was like 180. My son is 5-9 and 210."


Joey Harrington will back up Michael Vick in Atlanta.

Funny quote on "falcons vent" on AJC.

"I think Richard Simmons would have more fun at a strip joint than Calvin would have being Vick's reciever."


John Murphy at Yahoo! Sports gives his list of the top five rising stocks in this months draft. On top of the list is Stanford QB Trent Edwards.
1. Stanford senior quarterback Trent Edwards
The 6-foot-4, 224-pound athletic passer rebounded from a season-ending right foot injury to post 40-yard times in the 4.75 range. He then wowed scouts and quarterback coaches with his quick, compact delivery; overall accuracy; and deep ball during workouts. In fact, even some of the all-time best talent evaluators of this position weighed in following his pro day.


Adrian Peterson knows it's a good thing to be compared to Eric Dickerson.
“Man, being compared to Eric Dickerson, that’s crazy,” Peterson said at the combine. “He’s one of the greatest running backs. It’s an honor to be compared to him.”


tag: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: