Sunday, April 15, 2007

NFL Jabber 4/15/07

Saints fans can be grateful that Marques Colston realized he had to work to make the team. Who knows what would have happened had he had the sense of entitlement that some players have. This guy is one that I want on my team.


"I was working out a little bit. . . . Obviously, not as much as I should have been," said Colston, who admits he was in poor physical shape when he arrived for his first minicamp in New Orleans, two weeks after being selected with the 252nd pick in the draft. "When I survived the first rookie minicamp, I realized something had to change. I had to come back in much better shape," said Colston, who indeed made an incredible transformation over the summer.


Anquan Boldin would like to take some of the rushing attempts for the Cardinals this season.
"I don't have to throw the ball, just put me in the backfield a couple of times and let me run it, I'll be OK," Boldin said with a smile.

Reports are that the Bengals are looking into the Bucs Tim Rattey for the backup QB job.

Mike O'Hare at detnews.com is calling for the head of Mike Williams.

At 33, Olindo Mare reminds John Carney how old he is.
“I’ve got a lot of respect for John,” said Mare, who will turn 34, nine years younger than Carney, before training camp. “He’s one of the best. He’s one of the guys that all us young guys, compared to John, I guess, want to be. Who doesn’t want to do what John has done in this league?”


There is a debate starting already less than a week into Drew Bledsoe's retirement...Hall of Fame? Playing a long time and racking up numbers are not enough unless your Dan Marino. Despite one Super Bowl appearance (not counting the Super Bowl on the bench)in an embarrassing loss to Green Bay, many are going to say Bledsoe didn't do enough in his career. Adam Schien of NFL Radio and FoxSports.com is one of those guys.

tag: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: