Wednesday, March 21, 2007

NFL Jabber 3/21/07

Lovie Smith and Adam Archuleta will be reunited in Chicago. The deal sends Washington a sixth round pick.

In other Bears jabber, Rex Grossman says he deserves criticism...and praise, but his play wasn't as bad as made out to be. (Sounds to me like he isn't quite accepting the criticism part).

"In some games, I was bad," Grossman told the Baltimore Sun. "I had 13 or 14 games I'm extremely proud of and five or six that were really bad. The swings of criticism were much bigger than swings in my play."


Byron Leftwich's agent says he has not asked for a trade but does not know if he will show for offseason training programs next week.

Shaun Rogers is a no-show for the start of Lions offseason workouts.

Something else that looks to seal that Trent Green is out the door...Herm Edwards is talking about Brodie Croyle getting a shot to compete.
“He’s going to get an opportunity,” Edwards said. “Maybe it doesn’t work out. But at least you’ll know. That’s not to say he’s going to be the starter. I don’t know who that guy is going to be at this point. But it needs to be open for competition, in my opinion, from what happened last year. It’s just the way we need to go. I want to find out where he’s at. Until you give players the ability to go out there and do it, you never know. It’s just a matter of getting Brodie some reps where he’s in competition and … where you can see how he can perform.”

Big Ben makes no excuses for his off season in Pitt.

"You know what? I might have still had the same year," if there had been no trauma, Roethlisberger said. "Who knows? I'm not going to look back and say, wow, this is what caused this and this is what caused that. There's no need for that. It's a bad year. It's going to happen. That's just the way it goes."

The Seahawks new HQ will be called the Virginia Mason Athletic Center.




TINO's Bloghouse
tag: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: